|At AIPL, we understand that different projects need different execution methods. We commonly use one of the two methods -
|Agile Methodology – Scrums
We have created our own flavour of Agile principles.
- Individuals and Interactions over processes and tools
- Small close knit teams with clear ownership
- Daily Scrums to track progress
- Optimum processes and tools
- Working software over comprehensive documentation
- Periodic deliveries of working software
- The Sprints are planned in advance and delivery dates are sacrosanct
- But we spend up-front time on designing a robust Architecture….
We have learned from experience that it is even more important in
ever changing world of Agile.
- Optimum documentation which is kept up to-date
- Customer collaboration over contract negotiation
- Keep the customer in the loop
- But that doesn’t mean customer has to spend huge amount of time on the project
- Responding to change over following a plan
- We welcome changes any time
- But fit them in the Sprint plan
- And it may mean additional sprints and more money
- Our Quality Management System (QMS) and each process in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) are fine-tuned for Agile Methodology.
See http://www.agilemanifesto.org/ for everything about Agile.
|Modified Waterfall Methodology
Our modified Waterfall Model works well for some projects; especially small projects with well defined requirements.
- We understand that ‘change’ is inevitable irrespective of the methodology followed….
so we have a well defined Change Management Process in place
- We follow optimum processes at each stage of SDLC
- Concentrate on building a robust Architecture and Design
- Keep the customer involved by showing him Work in Progress