Basic technologies which companies need to invest in for their Industry 4.0
- By /
Mrs. Sujata Tilak - MD
26 Sep 2018
What are some basic technologies which companies need to invest in for their #Industry40 / #IIoT initiatives? Well, here is a short list
* Automation (aka sensors, PLCs): Essential for real time data capture from assets
* Networking: Another essential component of IIoT. Whether wired or wireless, your shop floor must be networked
* Data Analytics: It’s all about data-driven decision-making
* Cloud Computing: Helps in huge cost saving, scalability, and flexibility.
* Mobility: Helps in boosting productivity by offering information on the go
* Automatic Identification like RFID tags: Helps in removing manual steps from the quality assurance process and offers better supply chain visibility
Of course, other technologies like 3-D printing, digital twin, AI-ML, blockchain, etc. have also started making their presence felt in this space. But above is the primary list to begin with. Anything else you would add to this basic list?